Contest organized in 2010-2011
The telecenter competition was launched in two categories: Category 1 “Initiatives in operation” targeted outstanding services already implemented and Category 2 “Innovative Projects”, targeted small innovative project ideas that will receive small grants for their implementation. In each case, services have been classified in two sub-categories: â€œagricultural servicesâ€ and â€œnon-agricultural servicesâ€.
18 submissions were received: Jamaica (5), St Kitts and Nevis (1), Dominican Republic (11), and HaÃ¯ti (1). One prize will be awarded for the first category (out of 4 entries received) and 3 prizes will be awarded for the second category (out of the 14 entries).
The four winners selected will receive each, regardless of the category, a cash prize of five thousand Euros (5,000). This support aims to contribute to the strengthening or establishment of the telecenter service.
The winners are:
- For Category 1 â€œInitiatives in operationâ€: the telecentre of the Jeffrey TownÂ Farmers Association, Jamaica
- For Category 2: “Innovative projects”:
- The Community Technological Centre (CTC) of Juan Santiago, Dominican Republic;
- The CommunityÂ Technological Centre (CTC)Â of Juan de Herrera, Dominican Republic;
- The Centre for Rural Alternatives of El Limon (CAREL), Dominican Republic.